2016 WV Sunday School camp is coming soon! Camp is June 27-30 at the Rippling Waters Campground. Select the links below for your applications. The applications must be submitted by June 1st.
To all families of WV UPCI Homeschool and/or Christian School graduates:
If you desire to participate in a commencement ceremony at WV District Spring Conference, please contact Pastor Doug Joseph right away. If we have graduates to be honored, the ceremony would take place Friday evening at approximately 6pm, prior to the Master Youth Rally.
If diploma services are needed, the fee is $25, and you would need to contact Pastor Doug Joseph right away to get your request in. Payments are accepted via Dwolla.com or PayPal.com. Details upon request.
With our 2015 CFC fund drive officially over, we want to say a great big Thank You!! to every pastor and church who supported North American Missions this year. Our district offering this year was $32,814.09!! That is an increase of $622.28 over last year. We do not have an official number yet from headquarters for a total offering, but we know that it is over 4million dollars!! To God be the glory.
A few notes of interest for CFC 2015:
Our largest offering was given by Pastor Fred Walker and the saints of Clendenin Pentecostal Church. $4500.00!!
Section five gave a combined offering of over $11,000.00!!
Our three on-status district missionaries gave a combined offering of $1905.00!!
20 churches increased their offering this year!!
Dear Sunday School TEAM,
Greetings from St. Louis, Missouri! We have just returned from an incredible week in West Virginia. Below are the things I learned in West Virginia:
- West Virginia knows how to give cool gifts: I got a real chocolate outhouse. I haven't eaten it yet, but its cool!
- West Virginia knows how to plan. Each SOC Crusade service was on schedule. Pastors and sectional directors were actively involved with the service. All services were filled with lots of children and adults. Honor goes to the leaders!
- West Virginia has some incredible wives of leaders. Sister Tiffany Pack, wife of WV SS Director, and Sister Clutter, Wife of WV SS Secretary, were at all services and they both had children with them! They toiled with their husbands and were incredible examples to other ladies about the position they hold. We commend these ladies as they lead WV by example. It would be really good if every SS Director would hug and kiss your wife and tell them how thankful you are to have them supporting you!
- West Virginia had lots of leadership support! The WV District Youth President was there. The WV District Secretary was present, along with Presbyters in EVERY service. They were honored from the platform and commended for attending the services. Many children's evangelists were there!
- West Virginia knows God is no respecter of age. While SOC Crusades are geared toward children, there were two 70-year-old-PLUS people who got the Holy Ghost on the first night! Both of them wanted the Holy Ghost and received it.
- West Virginia chose a great children's evangelist. Eddie and Vickie Gorden from Louisiana did an incredible job. You need to see the 6-foot-balloon in the service. Kids were amazed, along with the adults.
- West Virginia will set a record Save Our Children goal! With the incredible momentum we felt, I believe they could double. With 68 filled with the Holy Ghost in the WV SOC Crusades, this is an incredible boost to their 60-plus churches!
I guess you never get too old to learn. Easter comes early this year, so let's promote, promote, promote. We have lots of gifts, if you need them. We have SOC sticky pads, pens, chip clips, sports cups with spill proof tops, golf tees, hand sanitizers, and many other items. What would happen if EVERY DISTRICT set a SOC record? Thanks for giving and working for that goal. If I can help in any way, please feel free to call upon me.
The JBQ Extravaganzas begin this week and there will be six of those around the country. We begin SOC Crusades in Mississippi and Tennessee in April. Please be in prayer for this Division, as we strive to reach as many souls as we can!
Steve L Cannon
General Sunday School Director / UPCI