2016 WV Sunday School camp is coming soon! Camp is June 27-30 at the Rippling Waters Campground. Select the links below for your applications. The applications must be submitted by June 1st.
Dear Sunday School TEAM,
Greetings from St. Louis, Missouri! We have just returned from an incredible week in West Virginia. Below are the things I learned in West Virginia:
- West Virginia knows how to give cool gifts: I got a real chocolate outhouse. I haven't eaten it yet, but its cool!
- West Virginia knows how to plan. Each SOC Crusade service was on schedule. Pastors and sectional directors were actively involved with the service. All services were filled with lots of children and adults. Honor goes to the leaders!
- West Virginia has some incredible wives of leaders. Sister Tiffany Pack, wife of WV SS Director, and Sister Clutter, Wife of WV SS Secretary, were at all services and they both had children with them! They toiled with their husbands and were incredible examples to other ladies about the position they hold. We commend these ladies as they lead WV by example. It would be really good if every SS Director would hug and kiss your wife and tell them how thankful you are to have them supporting you!
- West Virginia had lots of leadership support! The WV District Youth President was there. The WV District Secretary was present, along with Presbyters in EVERY service. They were honored from the platform and commended for attending the services. Many children's evangelists were there!
- West Virginia knows God is no respecter of age. While SOC Crusades are geared toward children, there were two 70-year-old-PLUS people who got the Holy Ghost on the first night! Both of them wanted the Holy Ghost and received it.
- West Virginia chose a great children's evangelist. Eddie and Vickie Gorden from Louisiana did an incredible job. You need to see the 6-foot-balloon in the service. Kids were amazed, along with the adults.
- West Virginia will set a record Save Our Children goal! With the incredible momentum we felt, I believe they could double. With 68 filled with the Holy Ghost in the WV SOC Crusades, this is an incredible boost to their 60-plus churches!
I guess you never get too old to learn. Easter comes early this year, so let's promote, promote, promote. We have lots of gifts, if you need them. We have SOC sticky pads, pens, chip clips, sports cups with spill proof tops, golf tees, hand sanitizers, and many other items. What would happen if EVERY DISTRICT set a SOC record? Thanks for giving and working for that goal. If I can help in any way, please feel free to call upon me.
The JBQ Extravaganzas begin this week and there will be six of those around the country. We begin SOC Crusades in Mississippi and Tennessee in April. Please be in prayer for this Division, as we strive to reach as many souls as we can!
Steve L Cannon
General Sunday School Director / UPCI
Hey everyone! I know in some places school will still be in session during camp. Click the link below to download/print a school excuse for Sunday School Camp. Can't wait to see everyone at camp! Praise God!
What a night for our young people during the Friday night WV District Conference Sunday School service! Lots of laughs, fun and food but most of all the presence of the Holy Ghost! We are so thankful for one that was filled with the Holy Ghost! We are looking forward to Sunday School Camp so don't wait, visit wvsundayschool.org to download/print your camp forms!
August 5, 2014
West Virginia District Ministers and Sunday School Teachers:
Greetings in the saving name of Jesus!
This past year has proven to be one of great success and unity for the entire WV District as well as for the Sunday School Department. This year’s Save Our Children offering enjoyed a 100% increase in both total offering and participation. At least nine young people received the gift of the Holy Ghost during our Children’s Crusades. The attendance of Sunday School Camp also doubled this year with a total of 23 receiving the Holy Ghost. God has truly blessed us abundantly.
Many churches have shown their support this year through great offerings, prayers, and attendance at Sunday School events. We are truly thankful to you all. In addition, many churches have gone above and beyond and deserve special recognition.
- Christian Apostolic Church in Clarksburg hosted a children’s crusade, provided housing for the evangelist, and kept the evangelist on for Sunday services.
- Keystone Apostolic Church also hosted a children’s crusade and housed the evangelist as well as covered the expenses for our teacher training seminar.
- Riverside Apostolic Church was integral in this year’s Junior Bible Quizzing season and also hosted, staffed, and covered all costs of the Children’s Crusade at District Conference.
- North Charleston Apostolic Church provided the audio/video equipment and technicians for camp free of charge.
- Solid Rock provided all concessions for camp.
- Apostolic Life Cathedral prepared all of the meals and provided all of the food for camp free of charge. In addition Life Cathedral donated the majority of the cost for the inflatable and waterslide rentals, recreational equipment, and the prizes for both camp and the District Conference services.
I believe the success that we have enjoyed this year is due to the wonderful support from around the District. God has proven what can be accomplished when his people come together in unity.
The WV District Sunday School Team thanks all of you for your confidence and assistance. We look toward this next year with great anticipation to see what God has in store for the WV District. Together we can continue to strive for excellence in ministry to OUR KIDS.
Sincerely in Christ,
Rev. Jacob Isaac Pack
WV District Sunday School Director
Visit our site: http://wvsundayschool.org
Sunday School camp is rapidly approaching! Send in your applications now to reserve your spot at this exciting event! Registration must be postmarked by June 7th to receive the discounted rate.
A schedule of activities can be viewed by selecting the link below. Some of these activities include workshops, sports, and a water slide.
Make your reservation now! Camp is June 16-19 at Rippling Waters Campground, located at 2771 Middle Fork Rd, Kenna, WV 25248.
WV Sunday School Camp- it's all about OUR kids.
In His Service,
Jacob Pack, WV Sunday School Director