West Virginia Family,
Youth Camp 2011 begins one week from today! I’m happy to report to you that we have received many pre-registrations and are looking forward to an impacting youth camp! I can’t think of any youth ministry method that has had more of a lasting impact on our students than youth camp! We covet earnestly your prayers as we go into this exciting week!
Campers--please note the following information:
- Registration for ALL campers and staff begins at 12:00 noon next Monday, July 25th at the worship center facility at the Rippling Waters Campground. Space is limited so if you’ve not already registered and are planning on coming please don’t be late!
- Dress—will be “business casual” for all campers for night services on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Due to the limited space for hang up clothing in the cabins and the cottages—we strongly urge campers to dress more business casual and to limit themselves to (1) suitcase or duffle bag! Thursday night will be a “dress up” night. Girls may want to bring an extra mirror since the bathroom area is smaller than what we were accustomed to at Point Pleasant.
- Recreation—please bring appropriate basketball clothing, fishing poles, small tackle box, a softball glove and enough changes of clothing. Our activities will be “Olympic style.” That is to say—we will move from location to location together and have lots of fun and fellowship along the way. We will be doing a softball game(s), basketball tournament, paddle boat races, archery shoots, paintball and zipline activities. Anthony Moss is our recreational events coordinator and has lots of fun planned for the campers.
- After church concessions—will be available on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. There will be no concessions after the Thursday evening service.
- Conclusion of camp—Youth Camp ends immediately after the Thursday evening service. ALL West Virginia District UPCI campers, staff and drive-in visitors must vacate the Rippling Waters campground by 10:00 p.m. on Thursday night (no exceptions and no courtesy stay overs). Please make arrangements to pick up your campers and students on Thursday evening at the conclusion of the service.
We'd also like to make sure that everyone understands that ALL WV saints are more than welcome to attend the night services in the worship center just as it was in the past at Point Pleasant. The amount of seats is less than at the Pt. Pleasant location, however, we still have seating for around 650-750.
We are very excited about this year’s camp! Thanks for allowing us the privilege of ministering to your teens and students!
Sincerely in Christ,
Robert E. Fazzalore
WV District Youth President