West Virginia District
United Pentecostal Church Intl’
Greetings in the only saving name under heaven – J-E-S-U-S!
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus,
W-O-W!!! Hot, Hot, Hot...... It surely has been summertime in WV. I know you are like most everyone else, trying to stay cool and keep up! I wanted to update you on several subjects as follows:
Those in attendance can attest to the fact that this year's Youth Camp was an impacting time of power and impartation to the youth of WV. Brother Staten did a wonderful job of addressing the needs of not only the youth but also all of us present. The grounds were very nice and accommodating. I do not recall a time when on the fun side of things our youth were more involved in activities of the popular zip-line, fishing, paddleboats, softball, basketball, archery shooting, and board games. I can say they were quite involved. Special thanks are to be given to Brother Fazzalore and the entire staff (dorm personnel, cooks, workers).
The Men’s Conference is two weeks away on August 18-20. Bill Davis from Macon, GA is an outstanding evangelist who will minister mightily in this conference along with our own Daniel Garlitz and others. Brother Davis recently survived a major heart attack and stroke so his words will carry extra meaning as he ministers. Host pastor Anthony Moss is looking forward to hosting us and they will do an excellent job I am confident. I just reserved five rooms for our Riverside Group. Take advantage of this opportunity.
1000 Washington St. East
Charleston, WV 25301
$79.95 per night + tax
Two Double Beds or King
w/ continental deluxe breakfast
Mention “WV UPCI Men’s Conference.”
1010 Washington St. East
$79.95 per night + tax
Two Double Beds or King
w/ complimentary deluxe breakfast
Mention “WV UPCI Men’s Conference.”
I would like for our churches of WV to act as a prayer covering for each of these missions trips that will be taking place as follows:
- Robert Gordon – “On August 22 I fly to Africa. I will meet Bro Simoneaux in South Africa and from there we will fly to Blantyre, Malawi. Once on the ground in Malawi, we will travel by automobile several hours to Mozambique. I will be preaching the General Conference services on August 26-28. We will then return to Malawi and meet the rest of the A-Team for the crusade in Blantyre.”
- A-TEAM Members Daniel Garlitz, Greg Hurley, David Bounds, Robert Gordon, Roger Zimmerman, Charles Wright, Steve Anderson, Missionary Charles Robinette, and Brother Samuel from Brother Robinette’s church in Vienna, Austria.
The A-TEAM arrives in Malawi on August 31 and the Crusade dates are September 2-3-4. They are believing God for 1,000 to receive the Holy Ghost during this Crusade Outreach. Let’s cover them in prayer and believe God with them.
ONE CALL NOW
We are using the services of ONE CALL NOW to connect with our WV ministers. If you did not receive a call during camp or if you want a different number called when we put out these calls please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 304-292-4939 and Michelle or Bev will take the info to plug into our system. We will use this to update in times of sickness or death or some emergency that needs immediate attention. We call all WV ministers in a short time frame with needed info. It is a great service. Special thanks to Brother Nathaniel Hudson for setting this up.
The fall semester of Purpose Institute begins with the September 9-10 opening sessions at the Morgantown Campus at Riverside Apostolic Church.
REGISTER NOW at www.purposeinstitute.com
- $50 – registration fee
- $100 – per course/$10 spouse ($400/$40 per semester)
FALL SEMESTER 2011:
- First Weekend – September 9-10, 2011
- Second Weekend – October 7-8, 2011
- Third Weekend – November 11-12, 2011
- Fourth Weekend – December 9-10, 2011
Instructors and classes are:
- 1602 Leadership I - Robert Fazzalore
- 1101 Introduction to the Word of God/Pentateuch – Stephen Kuntzman
- 1305 The Importance of Apostolic Doctrine – Greg Hurley
- 1401 Apostolic Patterns and Methods I – Everett Davenport
Each Friday night is an open forum of preaching and instruction and is free and open to all churches and membership to take advantage of. The Friday night session begins at 7:30.
The Saturday classes are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 with a lunch break of course.
If you have any questions or need additional information contact our WV District Purpose Institute Campus Manager and Dean of the Morgantown Campus at email@example.com or by phone at (304) 376-8469. Brother Davenport is also available to promote this to your local church or special meeting at no charge. We currently have several already registered and enrolled with several others in the process. Don’t delay.
ORDER OF THE FAITH
I am happy to report to you that our own Sister Ilda Wolford has been selected with the honor of being inducted into the respectable ‘Order Of The Faith’ Hall of Fame of Outstanding Pentecostal Ministers of the UPCI. The Order of the Faith, established in 2002, is the United Pentecostal Church International's prestigious award honoring outstanding achievement and exemplary service to the UPCI. Members are decided upon by the Executive Committee.
The Order of the Faith new members are inducted at the annual general conference of the UPCI, held during the fall of each year. Sister Wolford will be so honored on October 10th in Louisville, Kentucky. Due to her poor health and her inability to attend, the WV District Superintendent, Past Superintendent Garlitz, Presbyter Zimmerman and current pastor at Job, Brother Chaney, and our wives will represent Sister Wolford and WV at this induction ceremony. One other West Virginian has been so honored and that was Brother William Cole in 2004. C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S to Sister Wolford. You make all West Virginian’s glad for you.
TOWN HALL MEETINGS
Last fall I felt impressed to conduct Town Hall meetings in each section if I ever served as leader in WV and made the following notes accordingly.
Town Hall Meetings in each Section
- Schedule meetings in August
- Invite all ministers for a Saturday morning forum/do a split session to include wives led by Sister Hudson
- Send a questionnaire out ahead of time that includes the following:
- What programs would you like to see added/deleted from the present district structure?
- What suggestions would you make that the district might better serve you as a minister/pastor/church?
- What suggestions would you have that the district might better serve our youth/children and our PK’s?
With the above in mind I presented this to the district board in our July 21 board meeting and the district board overwhelmingly approved the following dates and locations.
- Section One – August 13 at Riverside from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Section Two – August 27 at Keyser from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Section Three – September 10 at Pennsboro from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Section Four – September 9 at Huntington New Beginning from 7:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Section Five – October 1 at Glen Ferris from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Sister Hudson and I will be at each of these. We are not coming for a meal but to listen as you talk to us and give us input on what you want for WV District. We will share a cup of coffee/tea and a Danish etc. as you share with us what is on your mind for WV. Please come prepared to answer the following questions outlined above and any other you wish to share. Sister Hudson will be with the ladies while I am with the men during this time and we will come together at the conclusion.
FINANCE & BUDGET POLICY & DISTRICT CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE
I have appointed a committee to update the policy language and bring up to date any additional changes that need clarified in our policies and WV District Constitution. Committee members include: Rev. Russell Riley, Chairman, Rev. Norman Mills, Rev. Daniel Garlitz, Rev. David Greever and Consultant Rev. Robert Keenan. If you have any input in any of these areas please contact one of these men to give input.
GENERAL CONFERENCE WEST VIRGINIA BOOTH
The WV District will have a cutting edge display promoting WV at the General Conference in Louisville. You will want to stop by. It will be something you will be honored to identify with.
And in CONCLUSION
Installation of District Superintendent
Civic Center Little Theater 7:30 p.m.
Rev. David Bernard, Keynote Speaker
Upper Room Experience – Special musicians: 6:30-7:30 Concert
Reception for all ministers and families following service on 2nd floor of Little Theater
W-H-E-W!!!! I know this is a lot of information to digest but take a moment to take all of it in. We will look forward to seeing you in the upcoming Town Hall meetings. Our prayer is that we survive the summer with all the vacations, reunions and what-have-you that takes folks out of church during the summer. We will survive.
Blessings on you, your family and children and your church!
Rev. David M. Hudson