Subscribe / Login
Feeds, Twitter, FB, etc
- RUBY MACKEY on Seven Things all Churches Should Have in Their Bylaws + Sample Facilities Usage Policy (from Alliance Defending Freedom)
- Admin on Profile of Rev. Roger Zimmerman
- RON SALMON on Profile of Rev. Roger Zimmerman
- Admin on Contact Us
- Lynn on Contact Us
Recently Rev. Everett Davenport, the administrator for all of the Purpose Institute campuses in the WV District, and Rev. Randy Tenney, newly appointed dean of the campus that has been meeting in Morgantown, WV, announced a location change: PI classes will be hosted at Christian Apostolic Church in Clarksburg, WV, starting with the upcoming Fall Semester, instead of Morgantown. This change eases the commute for students, staff, and some of the faculty. To keep up to date with this campus, visit and ‘Like’ the official Facebook page.
Attorney General Morrisey needs to hear from pro-life supporters, who want to have regulations and inspections of abortion facilities in the state. (He has provided for public comment on this issue.) Email your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or send letters by 5:00 p.m. on August 16 to:
Office of Attorney General
State Capitol Complex
Bldg. 1, Room E-26
Charleston, WV 25305
#2: Call Governor Tomblin
Governor Tomblin must act quickly to implement insurance regulations in the health care exchange to prevent abortion funding. Call the Governor at 1-888-438-2731 to tell him that you want the new ObamaCare health care exchange in West Virginia to prohibit state funding for abortions through the insurance policies. Many states have opted-out of funding abortion in the insurance exchange.
Did you know?
- West Virginia leaders should see that abortion facilities in the state are regulated and inspected to protect consumers’ health and life.
- West Virginia leaders should stop the funding of the abortion industry in the state with tax-payer dollars.
- The Grand Jury in the Gosnell case “found that Gosnell’s crimes could have been prevented if various state and city regulatory agencies had properly enforced the law.” Pennsylvania state officials began inspections and were forced to close additional abortion centers. Other states, who had inspections of their abortion centers, have also closed clinics around the country.
- Attorney General Morrisey pointed out that West Virginia’s abortion facilities are “neither licensed nor regulated by the State.”
- West Virginia State Department of Health and Human Services has reported “there is no state agency that specifically inspects clinics or facilities that perform abortion.” (Charleston Daily Mail, 6/10/13)
- West Virginia state tax dollars pay for these unregulated abortions through the State Medicaid program.
- The Federal ObamaCare Law allows states to opt-out of funding abortion in the insurance exchange. West Virginia should include regulations that will prevent state funding of abortion in the new health care exchange. Approximately half of the states have taken advantage of this provision and now opt-out of state funding.
Churches and religious organizations are being advised to review their bylaws, and change them if necessary, to protect themselves from “non-discrimination” lawsuits. Churches and religious organizations are being advised to review their bylaws, and change them if necessary, to protect themselves from “non-discrimination” lawsuits. Jeff Johnston of Focus on the Family says changing the bylaws won’t guarantee a lawsuit won’t be filed, but it will document the church’s beliefs in advance. See more…
Purpose Institute – Clarksburg, WV Campus is now accepting online registration for the Fall 2013 Semester.
Please remember, when ordering your textbooks, that we are now in the 5th Semester of the PI curriculum.
Class schedule for Purpose Institute @ Clarksburg:
September 6-7, 2013
October 11-12, 2013
November 15-16, 2013
December 6-7, 2013
Pastors: Please announcement that the 2013 Fall Semester of Purpose Institute is about to start at WV’s Clarksburg Campus (formerly Morgantown), Huntington Campus, and Moorefield Campus. Now is the time for students to register.
What is Purpose Institute?
Apostolic Ministry Training Anywhere in the World.
One weekend per month — get your degree. Endorsed by the UPCI. Learn more at either the PI global website or the WV District PI website.
“When I began my journey as a church consultant in the 1980s, I had one tried-and-true approach to determine the outreach effectiveness of a church. I would simply ask to see the records of the number of…” [read more]